30 Day Challenge

Hi there!!

Ok, I know I've done a few of these tags/ challenges in the past, but I think they're really fun and interesting. So... Here's another one :) 

As usual, I'm just going to answer everything on this page instead of making  30 separate posts (that would be a bit obnoxious, right?). Here goes nothing!

PS- This challenge is from a British blogger, so it's 10x better than all the challenges I've done before. Just sayin. 


Day 1 (11/2): Write some basic things about yourself.  
My name is Keri, and I'm currently a senior at the University of Arkansas. I'm studying childhood education (major) and music (minor). I live in Fayetteville, but I'm originally from South Florida. Music is my life; I play the piano and bass, and used to play the French horn/ mellophone (I was in marching band up until last year- 8 years total!). 

Day 2 (11/3): 10 likes and dislikes. 
Let's start with the dislikes (in no particular order). 
1. Birds 
2. Country music 
3. Dancing 
4. Orange-flavored anything 
5. Chick flicks
6. Living in Arkansas 
7. Snow and ice
8. Being single
9. 7:30am classes 
10. Chipped nail polish 

Likes (again, no order)
1. Metal/ rock music 
2. Lots of bands (a7x, FOB, MARS, etc.)
3. Playing the piano 
4. Singing (even though my voice is awful)
5. Reading 
6. Marvel movies 
7. Road trips 
8. Going to concerts 
9. Everything about California 
10. Tattoos 

Day 3 (11/4): Your day, in great detail. 
My days are pretty boring during the week, but here ya go: 

I woke up at 6:45am this morning. It's been raining and cold all day... It's kind of depressing. I walked my dog, drank a breakfast shake thing, and drove my car to school. I took the bus up to the Union and walked across campus to my 8:00am class (in the rain). Sat through a classroom management and math methods lecture, and then walked back to the Union to catch the bus to my car. I stopped at Einstein's for a bagel and got a mocha frappachino from Starbucks. I'm currently sitting at home with my dog waiting to go to my petsit at 12:30pm. I decided to write this now since I don't have much planned for the rest of the day. I know I'm going to catch up on some reading (I'll probably read Doll Bones for my class assignment), and watch a few episodes of Game of Thrones. Not sure what's for dinner. Maybe mac n cheese? 

Day 4 (11/5): The meaning behind your Tumblr name. 
My tumblr name is keri-from-mars (follow me if you like random/ weird blogs). If you've ever met me or read any of my music-related posts, you know that I'm a huge Thirty Seconds to Mars fan. Hence the tumblr name. 

Day 5 (11/6): Five places you want to visit. 
1. Los Angeles 
2. Vatican City
3. Paris
4. Chicago
5. Dublin

Day 6 (11/7): A band or musician that is important to you. 
I can't pick just one, so here's a list: 

Avenged Sevenfold, Fall Out Boy, Thirty Seconds to Mars, and Five Finger Death Punch. 

Day 7 (11/8): Do you read? What are you favorite books?
I love to read!! I'm pretty sure I spend most of my free time reading (when I have free time, that is). It's hard to pick favorites, but I love Slaughterhouse-Five and the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Also, anything written Shakespeare or Poe is awesome in my book (pun intended). 

Day 8 (11/9): Three things you want to say to different people. 
To the guy I have a crush on: "Why do you have a girlfriend (who isn't me)??"

To Fall Out Boy: "Your music saved my life. Thank you!"

To Synyster Gates: "TEACH ME TO PLAY GUITAR LIKE YOU!!!"

Day 9 (11/10): Pet peeves. 
I absolutely hate when people grab my arms to look at my tattoos. I kinda knew it would happen since they're almost always visible, but I still don't like random people touching me. It's just weird. I'll gladly show you my tattoos, just don't grab my arms (please and thank you). 

I'm kind of OCD when it comes to planning- my planner literally goes everywhere with me. I having to cross stuff out and re-writing it when dates get changed. It's just one of those things that will always bother me. It's no one's fault, I know things happen; I hate having a messy planner, though. 

Day 10 (11/11): If you could only live off one food and one beverage for the rest of your days, what would they be?
Strawberry Sprites and cheese sticks from Sonic. 

Day 11 (11/12): What is your favorite quote?
Sorry, I'm cheating a little bit. I have two favorites. 

"When you have a bad day- a really bad day- try and treat the world better than it treated you."
-- Patrick Stump

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." 
-- Jared Leto

Day 12 (11/13): Screenshot you desktop. 
My desktop is super plain and boring, and since I'm posting this from my phone, I'll just screenshot my home screen. K? K. 
Yes, that is Zacky Vengeance wearing a skull bandana. 

Day 13 (11/14): Three confessions of your choice. 
1. I know every word to every Fall Out Boy song (because I have a major obsession/ problem). 

2. I have really bad road-rage. Like, really bad. 

3. All of my celebrity crushes are at least 10 years older than me. And I'm not even sorry.

Day 14 (11/15): Provide pictures of 5 celebrity crushes. 
Oh man, I could dedicate an enitre blog post to my celebrity crushes. I'm not even kidding. Let's just stick with 5 for now. In no particular order: 

Jared Leto (why doesn't my hair look like that??)

M Shadows (how can he be so adorable and sexy at the same time??)

Zacky Vengeance (I miss his snakebites!)

Synyster Gates (Syn is perfect; end of story)

Jeremy Spencer (can you not?!)

Yes, I have a thing for tattooed rockstars that are at least 10 years older than me <3 And I'm not even sorry. 

Day 15 (11/16): A photo of someone you fancy at the moment. 
I tend to focus all of my time and energy on school, so I really don't have a crush on anyone at the moment (unless you want to count the 5 guys from Day 14). 

Day 16 (11/17): If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you do with your remaining time on Earth?
I've always wanted to take a trip to London with my family. If the world were ending tomorrow, I would book us the first flight out and spend some quality time with my mom, dad, and brother. No cell phones, no computers. Just exploring the city and seeing the sights. 

Day 17 (11/18): What do you want to be when you get older?
Mrs. Synyster Gates! Just kidding (... kind of). That position is already taken. 

But in all seriousness, I'm studying to become an elementary school teacher with a focus in special education. Ideally, I would like to teach 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade and eventually move up to a middle school. I would have to go back and take some more courses at a university, but I think it would be worth it. I want to move out to California (hopefully LA) as soon as I graduate with my Masters. I'm definitely moving out of Arkansas ASAP. 

Day 18 (11/19): Name the TV show you've become addicted to.
Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Doctor Who are my current favorites. I also really like The Amazing Race and Survivor. 

Day 19 (11/20): A list of all the places you have lived. 
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Jacksonville, FL
Middleburg, FL
Orange Park, FL
Rogers, AR
Fayetteville, AR

Day 20 (11/21): Concerts you have attended. 
N*Sync
Heart and Cinderella
Kenny Rogers and Glenn Campbell 
Keith Urban
Rascal Flatts
Kenny Chesney 
Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
Toby Keith
Fall Out Boy with New Politics
Carrie Underwood and Chris Young
Cheap Trick and Aerosmith
American Idol Live
Queen + Adam Lambert
Thirty Seconds to Mars

For a person who doesn't like country music, I've been dragged to a lot of country concerts. 

Day 21 (11/22): Turn ons and turn offs. 
Turn ons: tattoos, long dark hair, facial hair, green eyes, musical talent, intelligence, geeky-ness

Turn offs: just don't be a jerk to me

Day 22 (11/23): A picture of what you wrote today. 
I actually didn't write anything today (it's Sunday), but here's a picture of something I wrote in runes. 


Yep, I learned how to write in runes because I have an unhealthy obsession with Norse mythology. 

Day 23 (11/24): A letter to someone. Anyone. 
Today was a bit of a rough day for me. I don't really know the exact reason, but I've been feeling low recently, and can feel myself slipping back into depression. Maybe it's the weather? Maybe the stress of school is finally catching up with me? I don't know. When I was in therapy, Kathrine suggested that we keep a journal or something similar. I'm going to try and write a little something each day. Maybe a letter to myself, maybe a list of things I'm thankful for. Just as long as I write everyday. It's really therapeutic (even though it seems a little strange and awkward at first). 

I wrote a letter to myself today to remind myself that I can get through anything life throws at me. I've been through (and overcome!) worse. 


It was hard to start writing this letter, but once I started, it just flowed. I actually do feel better having written this. I definitely need to start my journal ASAP. 

Day 24 (11/25): Seven things that cross your mind a lot. 
(In no particular order)
- Ooh, I have an awesome idea for a new tattoo! Wait, how much would that cost?

- Can I move to LA now?

- I wonder what my favorite celebrities are doing right now... (kinda creepy/ stalker-ish, I know)

- What book should I read next?

- When will *insert band name here* have a tour stop near me?

- What is Charlee (my dog) thinking right now?

- Ugh, I have an assignment due soon... I should probably start working on that. 

- I should do something different with my hair. But I like my ombre. But I liked having bright red hair, too. What about red to blond ombre?? Nah, too much upkeep.. But it would look awesome!

My brain is a strange and confusing place. Thank goodness no one can minds! 

Day 25 (11/26): Would you rather date someone plain with an amazing personality or someone beautiful with a plain personality?
I would much rather date a plain person with an amazing personality than someone who is super boring. I'm usually attracted to outgoing people regardless of their looks. 

Day 26 (11/27): What are some little things that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
Playing the piano/ bass, writing, reading, buying a new book, my puppies, Starbucks hot cocoa, crocheting, wearing beanies, listening to my favorite bands, burning candles, online shopping, word search puzzles, and texts from my best friends (even if it's something totally random- those are the best!). 

Day 27 (11/28): A picture of your handwriting. 
I can't remember exactly why I decided to write 78 in binary (I think it was for a countdown or something), but here's my handwriting. It's not the best, but hey- it's legible!

Day 28 (11/29): Do you wish for anything at 11:11? If so, what do you wish for?
I usually don't wish for anything because I miss 11:11am and 11:11pm... If I do manage to catch it, I wish for things like concert tickets, new books, a boyfriend, etc.  I'm weird (but you guys probably already knew that, right?).

Day 29 (11/30): Picture of yourself. 


Day 30 (12/01): Anything you want to post about. 
Something pretty major happened today: my friend Sara and I are going to see Fall Out Boy in Chicago December 17th!! I'm so excited, I have no words! This is seriously going to be the best trip ever :) I finally found someone as obsessed with FOB as I am (thank goodness!). 


-----
Thank you for reading this super long post!! I'll talk to you all again very soon :)

Keri <3





0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.