Game of Thrones Tattoo Ideas

Hey there!

So, I started reading the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) in 2013, and was completely hooked. I finished all 5 books and recently started watching the HBO series (which I'm also obsessed with) a few months ago. 

When I was getting my most recent tattoo, I got the idea to start a GoT themed half- or 3/4- sleeve. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted at that point, but I think I've figured it out now. I want the Seven Gods on my upper right arm. I knew I didn't want specific characters or a quote or something, so I really liked the idea of getting the Gods since they're a bit abstract and more symbolic than anything else in the books (to me, anyway). 

I like the idea of getting things that represent each of the Seven. I've jotted down a few things and looked at some tattoos on Pinterest, just as a brainstorm type thing. In case you're curious about my crazy idea, I made a list :) Keep checking back every now and again to see if I've made some progress on this thing. 

The Seven Gods
1. The Father: judges the souls of the dead
2. The Smith: creation, craftsmanship 
3. The Warrior: strength, courage 
4. The Mother: mercy, peace
5. The Maiden: purity, love, beauty 
6. The Crone: wisdom, foresight 
7. The Stranger: death, the unknown 

So far, I've only figured out three of the seven. It's definitely going to take me a while to decide on how I want everything to look, but I'm really excited to see where this goes!

I know I want the Stranger to be represented by the Grim Reaper (for obvious reasons). I really like this tattoo I found online. It's perfect: 

In my mind, the Mother is a beautiful, merciful angel. I saw this picture on Pinterest and thought it was absolutely gorgeous: 

Since the Crone represents wisdom and foresight, I thought an owl would be perfect. I liked this one:


I found this awesome sword/ rose sketch for the Warrior. I'm not sure if I would keep the ribbon, but I really like this: 

Now I just need to figure out the Father, the Smith, and the Maiden. I'm definitely going to talk to Jimmy soon. I feel like he'll have some awesome ideas :)

-----
Thanks for reading!! Hope to talk to you again soon!

Keri <3

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.