Learning to Play Guitar

Hey there!

Since my winter break is/ was a little over a month long, I decided to teach myself to play guitar while I had some free time. My grandparents sent me some money for Christmas this year, so I picked out an awesome guitar from a local pawn shop. 

Here's my new baby <3

I got this Jackson Warrior for around $220 (including tax and a new set of Super Slinky strings). I'm not 100% sure what the value of this guitar is, but I looked on the Jackson website and the MSRP on similar guitars was between $400 and $600. Either way, I think I got a pretty good deal on this bad boy :)

I'm super excited to start learning to play!! I've been watching JustinGuitar (he's on YouTube and has a website!), and teaching myself to play chords. So far, I'm able to play a D, E, and A major chords; now I'm working on switching between chords. Honestly, playing guitar isn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I'm sure it's partially because I've been playing the bass for almost 8 years now. And I know music theory so I can build the chords without much trouble. Knowing theory makes things so much easier!!

Fun fact (aka useless information you may or may not care about): I wanted to start playing guitar because I've been really inspired by Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance of Avenged Sevenfold. They're two of the most talented guitarists (in my opinion), and I absolutely love both of their styles- plus they're not hard to look at, either ;)

I found out that Schecter sells replicas of their guitars. I'll need to save up a ton of Christmas/ birthday money, but I will (eventually) own them. I figured I should probably learn to play the guitar before investing in something that expensive. I'm glad I found the Jackson- it may not be the best guitar in the world, but I love it, and it sounds amazing! That's all that really matters at this point. 

-----
Thanks for reading about my newest musical adventure!! Wish me luck- I'm gonna need it!
You're the best :)

Keri<3

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.