January Favorites

Hi!!

Ok, so I haven't posted a lot this month since I've been busy with school (senior year is supposed to be easy, right? haha nope).  There hasn't really been anything super interesting to post about... But I have been keeping up with my 2015 Reading Challenge, if you want to check that out :)

Anyway, in order to keep myself from slacking off, I've decided to do a monthly favorites post throughout the year.  That way, I know I'll post at least once a month; it's also a way for you guys to keep up with what's been going on in my life.  I'll include all different kinds of favorites- makeup, movies, TV shows, music, etc.- just to keep it interesting.

So, without any further ado: here are my January favorites!!

----------

Makeup/ Beauty Products

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara


This mascara is seriously amazing!  I have short, blond eyelashes, and this stuff lengthens and adds volume without look clumpy.  Seriously, I have used this everyday for the six months (at least)- I'm pretty sure I've gone through 3 tubes by now.  It's a little on the pricey side for mascara ($23 from Sephora and Ulta), but I think it's worth it.  I used my 20% off coupon at Sephora, so I did save a little bit of money.

Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick in "Melted Violet"


I guess I've really been loving Too Faced products this month!  I picked this lipstick up last November and have been wearing it almost every time I go out.  This shade of violet/ orchid is perfect for my skin tone- it's not too dark, and it's a true purple (not a pinky-purple like some other lip products I've tried recently).  This lipstick looks amazing with smokey eyes, winged liner, and even really neutral looks.  I'm not sure how "long wearing" this product is (it does tend to transfer pretty easily), but I love it nonetheless.

Redken Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner


When I used to dye my hair bright red, I loved this shampoo and conditioner combo- it kept my hair from drying out and fading so quickly.  I stopped using it for awhile because it's pretty expensive, especially when you have long hair.  Ulta recently had their "buy one get one 50% off" sale on shampoos and conditioners, so I bit the bullet and picked these up.  And I'm so glad I did!  This combo leaves my hair feeling so clean, but soft and shiny.  I don't feel like there's any residue in my hair but it doesn't dry out my ends.  I have blond ombre on the ends of my hair and a pretty dark purple/red shadow that tends to fade pretty quickly.  This definitely helps the color last longer and keeps the blond from looking brassy or orange.

----------

Skin Care

Clarisonic Mia 2 and purity made simple Face Wash by philosophy


I bought my Clarisonic almost 2 years ago, and I love it to pieces!  It's a bit of an investment, but I think it was completely worth every penny.  My skin is clearer than it's ever been; I don't have terrible skin, but it is acne-prone.  I use the purity face wash because it's great for sensitive skin, and doesn't leave a weird film/ residue on my face.  My skin just feels nice and clean :)

----------

Fragrance 

Royal Revolution by Katy Perry


Ok, Katy Perry is definitely not my favorite musical artist in the world, but she has excellent taste in perfume!  My mom bought this for me for Christmas and I've worn it almost every day.  It's light enough to wear during the day, but I feel like it's also great for going out at night.  I'm not really great with scents (I know it's a fruity-floral scent), so I looked up the notes: pomegranate, pink freesia, jasmine, orange flower, sandalwood, blackthorn, and vanilla orchid.  Whatever is in this perfume, it smells amazing.  It lasts awhile on the skin, which is a huge plus!

----------

Jewelry

Key Necklace


Hot Topic was having a sale and I had $15 in HotCash, so I decided to do a bit of online shopping a few weeks ago.  I found this really awesome key necklace and it's quickly become on of my favorite pieces of jewelry.  The chain is pretty long, so it's great for laying with other necklaces (I like to wear it with my shorter Vengeance University necklace or my Skeleton hands necklace).

Here's the outfit I wore to class today (just to give you an idea of the length and how I wear it):


Clock Necklace


I bought this necklace from the Royal Shakespeare Company store when I was in London last May.  I absolutely love this necklace- again, it's on a longer chain so I tend to wear it with other things.  I love that you can dress this up or down; it's just such a versatile necklace.  I've worn this with T-shirts and dressier shirts, and it still looks awesome.  This necklace is about the same length as my key necklace.

----------

Music

Unparalleled Height


Awhile back, a random band followed me on Twitter after I posted something about Avenged Sevenfold.  I wasn't familiar with them, but I saw that they were on Spotify, so I check them out.  Unparalleled Height has quickly become one of my new favorite bands!  They're an indie metal band, and they kind of sound like a mix between Avenged and Of Mice & Men; they are absolutely incredible!!  I'm telling you, these guys are so talented!  I think they have two albums and a single out right now, but hopefully they'll be making new music in the near future.  My favorite song at the moment is "Memories Remain" off their album, "Rise of the Voiceless."  The only thing that sucks is they live in Pennsylvania...  Ugh, why do they have to be so far away?!

Random fangirl moment: I tagged the band in one of my tweets.  They favorited the tweet and replied to me.  That made my entire week.  Yeah, I know... I'm really weird.  

But seriously, if you like metal/ hard rock, check these guys out.  They're on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.

----------

Book

Seven Deadly Sins: Settling the Argument Between Born Bad and Damaged Good by Corey Taylor


Oh my goodness, this is one of my new favorite books!  I've really been into autobiographies/ memoirs by musicians recently (I still love Death Punch'd by Jeremy Spencer).  My aunt told me to check this book out; even though I didn't know much about Corey Taylor, I'm so glad I read his book.  He is seriously an amazing author, and his sense of humor is just... I have no words.  It's dark, even depressing at some points, but it's an incredible book.  I never knew Corey was so witty!  As terrible as it sounds, the chapter on Lust was by far my favorite.  Oh, the life of a rock star.

This book is definitely not for everyone (if you're easily offended, this is definitely something to stay away from), but it's an eye-opening read.  Basically, Corey analyzes the seven "deadly" sins and explains why they're neither "sinful" nor "deadly."  He says it's more of a "talk piece" than a memoir, but he does throw in some personal narratives to prove his points.  I can see myself reading this again in the near future.

----------

TV Show

American Horror Story Season 1 (Murder House)


Why did I wait so long to watch this show?!  I saw it on Netflix the other day and decided to watch it, just out of curiosity.  Some of my friends watched it while it aired and they loved it, so I thought I'd give it a go.  This show is kind of (really) spooky and disturbing, but it's such an amazing show!  The acting is great, the storyline (for the most part) is really interesting, and the whole premise of the show is wonderful.  I'm not really into scary movies or anything, so I'm surprise I like this show so much.  I watched the first season in about 3 days flat.  Yes, I binge watch Netflix.  I'm a college student, it happens.

Fun fact: My family is planning a vacation to LA later this year; while we're there, I'm definitely going to make a trip over to "Murder House" and take some pictures :)

----------

iPhone App

Hail to the King: Deathbat


If you read my Week in Pictures post a few weeks back, you'll remember that I posted about HTTK: Deathbat.  Avenged Sevenfold developed a video game late last year, and I have been obsessed with it since I downloaded it.  I'm usually not into video games (I can never beat them...), but this RPG is really awesome!  All of the levels are based on Avenged Songs ("Unholy Confessions," "Nightmare," "The Wicked End," etc.), and the band even created 8-bit versions of some of their songs.  If you like RPGs and/or Avenged, definitely check this app out.  I think it's $4.99 from the App Store and Google Play.

PS: I finally unlocked all the achievements (yes, I finally beat Nightmare Mode without losing a life)!

-----
Ok, that post was a bit longer than I thought it would be!  But you made it to the end :)

Thanks for reading, and I'll talk to you again very soon!
Keri <3

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.