February Favorites

Hi! 

February was a super busy (but surprisingly uneventful) month for me. I'm focusing almost all of my energy on coursework right now, so I don't have a ton of free time. Is it just me, or did this month seem to fly by?? I know it's the shortest month of the year, but still...

Ok, on to the favorites! I don't have a ton for this month, but I decided I should still post something :)

----------

Makeup/ Beauty Products

Viva Glam Miley Lipstick (by MAC)

Ok, I have to be honest- I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus.  But she definitely has great taste in lipstick shades!  I ordered this from MAC at the beginning of February and have been loving it.  It's a bright, hot pink shade, but there's something so unique about it.  This is an amplified lipstick, so it isn't drying at all- in fact, it does have some moisture to it when you first apply it.  I think I got a good 4 or 5 hours of wear out of this lipstick (without having to touch it up).  This is one of my new favorites

fresh Sugar Lip Balm


This is probably one of my all-time favorite lip balms.  It's a bit on the pricey side, which it why I haven't purchased a full-size one yet...  But I will definitely be purchasing one as soon as this little baby runs out.  I love the lemon scent and taste this balm has- it isn't overwhelming, though.  This product is so moisturizing, and is completely colorless.  I usually apply this before I go to bed and I wake up with super smooth lips.  Or, if I'm going out and want to wear lipstick, I apply a little bit of this, wait about 15 minutes for it to soak in, and wipe off the excess before I apply my lipstick.  It works wonders!  My lips get chapped really easily, so this has been my go-to balm for the winter months.

Urband Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in "Perversion" and 
BH Cosmetics Pencil Brush


Recently, my go-to makeup look has been a bit of black eyeliner, some mascara, and bright/ bold lipsticks.  I think I'm trying to relive my teenage emo years (without all the middle school drama, thank goodness!).  Anyway, I've been loving my UD "Perversion" liner because it's a rich, dark black that smudges nicely, but sets completely after a few seconds.  I've been using a regular pencil brush by BH Cosmetics to smudge the liner on my top and bottom lashline.  The brush isn't too harsh on my eyes, but it isn't super flimsy like some pencil brushes I've used in the past.  

----------

Nail Polish

"Black Onyx" by OPI


Black nail polish is definitely one of my favorite things.  Honestly, it's the only color I can stand to wear even when it starts chipping.  I don't know, I kinda think black polish looks even better when it's chipped (thanks to all the punk rock singers- I'm looking at you, Gerard Way and Pete Wentz!).  I've been wearing this polish nonstop this month.  I think it looks awesome with a matte topcoat or a super glossy topcoat.  Recently, I've paired it with "Big Apple Red" by OPI.  What can I say?  I just really like black nail polish.

----------

Jewelry

Midi Rings (and my "Loki's Army" ring)


There's the nail polish combo I was talking about earlier!  Back to the point- I've been obsessed with midi rings ever since I bought a set of them from Primark last summer (side note: why don't we have Primark in the States?!). The star and chevron ring are from two different sets from Maurice's, and the midi ring on my middle finger is from the Primark set.  In case you're interested in my "Loki's Army" ring, I found it on Etsy, but I can't remember which store I bought it from.  It's just an adjustable aluminum ring I got for around $10.  I love this ring so much, I wear it almost every day.  Yes, I'm Marvel fangirl.  No, I'm not sorry.

----------

Music

Mudvayne


It's no secret that metal is my absolute favorite genre.  My aunt randomly texted me the other day and told me to check out Mudvayne.  I had never heard of them, but I instantly fell in love with their sound after I listened to "Determined."  It kinda sucks that they're currently on hiatus, but hopefully they'll start making new music in the near future!  

In case you're interested, the lead singer from Mudvayne is also in the band HELLYEAH.  If you're like me and are constantly looking for new bands, check these guys out!  They're pretty awesome.

My Chemical Romance


My other favorite genre of music?  Punk rock.  For some reason or another, I was never really into MCR when they were really popular... I knew who they were, but I was so obsessed with Fall Out Boy, I didn't listen to many other bands (and now I'm kicking myself for it!).  I started listening to Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge after I stumbled across the "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" music video on YouTube.  Can we just talk about how amazing these guys are?!  I mean, they're just perfect.  I love all of their albums, but I think Revenge is my favorite.  Not gonna lie, I've been listening to "You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison" on repeat for the majority of the month.  

I know I shouldn't pick favorites, but I've been repinning a ton of pictures of Gerard Way and Frank Iero on Pinterest.  Those guys make smudged eyeliner look fantastic.  Just sayin.

----------

Book

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald


I'm pretty sure I was supposed to read this book sophomore year of high school.  I remember reading a few chapters here and there, but I'm almost positive that I never finished it.  I don't know why- I've been loving it so far.  I haven't had a ton of time to read this month (I didn't finish a single book this entire month... I'm slacking, big time...), but when I do have some free time, I've been reaching for this book.  I'm about halfway through the book now.  It's definitely one of the books everyone should read again, even if you did read it in high school.  The story is wonderful, and the characters are so interesting.  I can't say I love any of them, but I like the character development so far.

----------

Here's a little something extra: my favorite picture of little Charlee <3


It's been so cold here recently... I think it's 19 degrees outside as I type this.  It's been snowing/ raining/ sleeting all day long.  Charlee love being wrapped up in blankets, especially after he comes back inside from our (short) walks.  He's such a sweet little guy :)

-----

Thanks for reading, and I'll talk to you again very soon!
Keri <3

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.