MAC Lipstick Collection

Hey hey!

I know I don't post a ton of beauty-related blogs on here, but I'm pretty into makeup. I have a slight(ly out of control obsession) with lipstick; I don't wear it on a daily basis, but I love a bold lip when I'm going out. 

I just wanted to do a quick post showing you my MAC lipsticks, and talking about the brand a little bit. I don't want to do full reviews on each lipstick, but I can say that I don't think I've ever tried a MAC lipstick that I don't like. Seriously, all of the colors I own are comfortable to wear, highly pigmented, and apply like a dream! 

Honestly, I like all of the finishes that I own. The mattes aren't overly drying, and last for hours, and the creamsheens are so creamy and moisturizing. I think my favorites are the amplified because they're kind of a mix between a matte lipstick and a creamsheen- they're a little thicker than the creamsheens, but they're more moisturizing than the mattes. I'm not the biggest fan of glazes, but myth is the perfect nude because it's not too pigmented. It doesn't wash me out and it goes perfectly with a neutral or bold/ smokey eye look.

To me, MAC lipsticks are a bit overpriced, but I'll splurge a little when it comes to these babies. They're totally worth it, in my opinion :)

I swatched each one, and listed the names and finishes below the photo. Ive also included a little description of each shade. 

Enjoy!

-----

From top to bottom: 

Myth (glaze)- sheer nude with a slight pink tint; perfect for fair skin tones

Viva Glam Gaga 1 (lustre)- opaque baby/ bubblegum pink 

Saint Germain (amplified)- similar shade to Viva Glam Gaga, but even more pigmented and bright; it has a slight lavender undertone

Speed Dial (creamsheen)- nice "standard" pink shade; this is the most wearable lipstick I own from MAC, and I love to pair it with a bold/ colorful eye

Sweet & Sour (creamsheen)- orangey, nude shade

Viva Glam Nicki 1 (satin)- pigmented coral; more pink than orange

Candy Yum Yum (matte)- neon hot pink; this is so bright and bold, it's perfect for spring and summer (but I wear it year round)

Viva Glam Miley Cyrus 1 (amplified)- highly pigmented pinky-red shade; leaves a stain on the lips once the lipstick has worn off 

Up the Amp (amplified)- a purple shade with a bit of pink mixed in; more muted than Heroine with a creamy finish

Heroine (matte)- richly pigmented matte purple; I love wearing this color with winged liner and a neutral eye

Instigator (matte)- dark, plum with a hint of red undertones; this also leaves a stain after the color has worn off (I would recommend wearing a liner with this color because it's on the darker side)

-----
Thanks for reading! Check back soon for more random posts from my weird brain :)

Keri <3

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.