December 25, 2017

The Martian by Andy Weir Review

The MartianThe Martian by Andy Weir
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars

It’s strange- I never expect to enjoy science fiction, but these type of books always leave me feeling satisfied. For the most part, the predicaments that plague the protagonist seem realistic and are interspersed perfectly (in my opinion, of course). The only thing I didn’t enjoy was the ending. It seemed a little rushed, and some of the events seemed pretty far-fetched unlike the rest of the novel. I like the shift between different character’s points of view, but I was a bit frustrated with the sheer amount of dramatic-irony. I wanted to slap someone, which was probably the whole point of the various POVs.

Anyway, I liked it, but the ending was not exactly what I had hoped for. Either way, I would recommend this to anyone who is into astronomy, space, travel, or the inner workings of NASA. Give it a try!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment