November 10, 2018

Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers Review

Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I honestly can't remember exactly why I gave this book three stars (that's what I get for writing reviews months after finishing a book... sorry, guys...), but I'm sure it has something to do with it not being the most memorable book. I like that LaFevers switches up the point of view and focuses on a different character's story for each book; she still includes the characters from the previous book, which is a plus. This series has a few twists but the plot is pretty predictable throughout. Because there are so many YA writers out there and it seems like everything has been done at this point, I have to say- this author makes her writing and characters stand out from the pack. I do like this series and I plan to finish it. I think I just need to take a step back and try something different before I return to this one. Overall, I would recommend this to someone looking for a quick, easy read that focuses on strong female characters in a Medieval setting.

I think I'm just spoiled from Sarah J. Maas and George R. R. Martin and I'm holding everyone to such a high standard. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to keep in mind.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment