April 17, 2016

Little Foxes (Tattoo #12)

Hello!!

So, I may have made a really impulsive decision to get (yet another) tattoo this past weekend.  I mean, the design wasn't impulsive, but making the appointment was kind of a spur-of-the-moment type thing.  As usual.  I called the shop and Jimmy had a two hour window in between tattoos; couldn't let that opportunity go to waste, right?

Anyway, I came in with these two little guys and asked if Jimmy could get them to flow together:
I found these guys on Pinterest, but I think the original artwork is from someone on Deviantart.  Obviously, I didn't want to steal anyone's work, so Jimmy made it his own by changing up a few things.  Here is the finished product:

I took this picture a night after I got it done (excuse the swelling and bruises due to my clumsiness).  They're on my right shin, and the leaves wrap around the side of my leg just a little.  The placement is perfect.  I'm planning on getting my entire leg done, so I like that there's just a little bit of space between the foxes and my FOB skull.  I could add something if I wanted, or just go with shading.  Whatever, that's for a different post, I'm getting off track (sorry).

I know I always say this, but I absolutely adore these little foxes, and I could not be happier with the way they turned out!!  They took about 2 hours.  I feel like this spot was pretty easy, but this is one of my smaller tattoos.  The online was a breeze (it took about 45 minutes), and the shading took about 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Honestly, my calf was still my most painful tattoo.  There were some tender spots (like the very center of my shin), but overall, it was about a 4 out of 10.  Maybe a 3.5.  The shading was more painful mostly because he had to make sure everything blended together.

There really isn't a story behind this tattoo, other than the fact that the fox is most definitely my spirit animal.  I remember reading something a few weeks ago about how it's better to leave foxes alone when they're angry, and their cunning, independent, witty creatures.  I don't know, I just feel like I connect with foxes.  Plus, I just think they're so damn cute!!

----------
Thanks for checking out my newest addition to my ever-growing tattoo collection!!  TTYL :)

Keri <3

No comments:

Post a Comment