November 28, 2014

A to Z Bookish Survey- Round 2

Hi :)

So about a year ago I found the A to Z Bookish Survey on tumblr.  I don't know why, but I decided I wanted to answer the questions again and see how my answers have changed over the past year.  If you interested, here's a link to the first time I took this survey.  Some of my answers will probably end up being the same, but whatever.  I'm bored and need to take a little break from the project I'm working on for class.



A. Author you've read the most books from: Either JK Rowling (if you're counting number of actual books) or George R. R. Martin (if you're counting number of pages)

B. Best sequel ever: This is a tough one!  I think Insurgent by Veronica Roth is probably my favorite sequel of all time.  I really like the way she writes, and there were some pretty unexpected plot twists thrown in that completely threw me.

C. Currently reading: I'm reading The Summer of the Swans by Betsy Byars for a class project, but I'm also reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling for pleasure.

D. Drink of choice while reading: Mocha frappechinos from Starbucks.  Or water.

E. E-reader or physical book: I have a nook, but I always find myself reaching for physical books.  I love being surrounded by books, so I probably won't ever completely switch over to an e-reader.  Even when I travel, I still bring physical books with me (they weigh down my carry-on, but it's totally worth it).

F. Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school: Gale from the Hunger Games series or Four from the Divergent series.

G. Glad you gave this book a chance: My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.  I normally don't read Jodi Picoult's work (she's a wonderful author, I just don't have a ton of interest in what she writes about), but I ended up really enjoying this book.

H. Hidden gem book: The Way I See It by Temple Grandin is so eye-opening and absolutely amazing!  I had to read it for a special education class, but I definitely recommend it to anyone who works with special needs children or has a friend or family member with special needs.  Or, if you're just interested in learning about ASD, check this book out.

I. Important moment in your reading life: I'm pretty sure this is my same answer from last time I filled out this survey, but Goodreads has a had a huge impact on my reading life!  I love that it recommends books based on things you've already read, and it keeps everything nice and organized.  You can also set a reading goal for the year, and it keeps track of your progress; I've found that I've read a lot more thanks to the reading challenge feature.

J. Just finished: Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan (I read it for my project, but I like it; it's perfect for 4th or 5th graders)

K. Kind of books you won't read: I'll give most books a chance, but I just can't bring myself to read romance novels.  They're just not my thing.

L. Longest book you've read: A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin

M. Major book hangover because of: After I finished The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien, I don't think I read another book for a good week or so.  I was an emotional wreck. 

N. Number of bookcases you own: 2, but I'm definitely buying another as soon as I move into a bigger apartment.

O. One book you have read multiple times: The Harry Potter series.  I'm pretty sure I end up reading at least one of the books each year around the holidays (when school's out).

P. Preferred place to read: I have an over-sized white leather chair that used to belong to my grandpa; it is literally the most comfortable chair ever!  I can curl up with a blanket and read for hours.

Q. Quote that inspires you/ gives you all the feels from a book you've read: I'm gonna be super cliche here for a minute: "Always."  And "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not." (Tyrion Lannister from A Game of Thrones).  I really, really, really want a tattoo of the Tyrion quote.

R. Reading regret: I know I've said this before, but I kind of regret reading the Twilight series.  I'm glad I read the whole series, simply because I can form my own (informed) opinion about the series, but I really don't like anything about the books.

S. Series you started and need to finish (all the books are out in the series): The House of Night series.  They're not my favorite books, but I feel like I need to finish the series.

T. Three of your all-time favorite books: Slaughterhouse- Five by Kurt Vonnegut, A Feast of Crows by George R. R. Martin, and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (in no particular order) 

U. Unapologetic fangirl for: .A Song of Ice and Fire series.  I can (and will) fangirl about the book and TV series all day long.  Sorry I'm not even the least bit sorry.

PS: if you want to see how out of control my GoT obsession is, check out this post.

V. Very excited for this release more than all others: Death Punch'd by Jeremy Spencer (the drummer from 5 Finger Death Punch).  Technically, it was released awhile ago, but I just ordered the book yesterday because I had a coupon for Black Friday.  I love 5FDP, so I'm really excited to read his story (especially since he's a recovering addict).  Autobiographies are my thing- I wish all my favorite band members would write a book about their lives.  I guess I'm kind of a stalker when it comes to my favorite bands.

W. Worst bookish habit: I like to read in the bath, but I'm really clumsy.  My bad luck + books + water = not good...  I haven't dropped a book in the water for awhile now, but I'm sure it'll happen again sooner or later.

X. X marks the spot: start at the top of your shelf and pick the 27th book: I'm not at my apartment right now, but the 27th book on my Goodreads shelf is King Lear by Shakespeare.

Y. Your latest book purchase: A World of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin and Death Punch'd by Jeremy Spencer (I bought them both since they were on sale for Black Friday).

Z. Zzz-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): Chrono Crusade Vol. 4 by Daisuke Moriyama.  It's a graphic novel, and I've read it before, but I can't seem to put it down!  If you're in to manga, you should definitely check this series out.


-----
Thanks for putting up with my craziness :)  I love you all!
Happy holidays (it's a little early, but whatever)!

Keri <3

No comments:

Post a Comment