July 8, 2018

Warcross by Marie Lu Review

Warcross (Warcross, #1)Warcross by Marie Lu
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

I’m writing this review months after reading this book (its July as I type this...) because I dropped the ball on writing reviews. Sorry!! But I’m back and ready to go!

Anyway, this book was well written and I did enjoy the story for the most part. It fell a little flat for me, only because the characters don’t really grow or change much, and the story was pretty predictable. I know I’m not the target audience, so I try not to comment on the content of these books, but I’m so over the romance aspects of the YA genre. It wasn’t the main focus of the book, but Lu focused on the love story a little too often for me.

If you’re into action/ adventure novels with a romantic twist, I’m sure you would love this book! I’m not sure if there are more books in this series, but I’ll probably give the second one a chance later on this year. I’m trying to expand my horizons and read more widely instead of only sticking to YA fiction. Wish me luck!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment