June 12, 2013

I'm Back!! And We're Fostering a Baby Bird!

Hey everyone!! 

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted on here... This past semester kept me extremely busy, and finals were a nightmare. But at least that's all over and I can relax until band camp starts in August. 

The summer hasn't been too exciting thus far, so I really didn't have anything to post after school let out. My family and I spent a week in Florida- which was absolutely amazing- but I complete forgot to blog while I was there (sorry :( ). And I'm really bad about taking pictures... But I'm working on it, promise ;) I'll be heading to Las Vegas in 3 days, so I will definitely attempt to blog and take a ton of pictures! 

If you have seen any of my previous posts about the foster puppies, I have some exciting news- All of them have found their forever homes (along with Annie and Juliet)! Thank goodness for amazing pet owners :) All of the dogs seem to be doing really well in their new homes, but we haven't gotten any pictures from their new owners. I do have a one of Riley (aka Othello) and Annie:



We definitely love and miss all of the fosters, but I'm glad they are safe and happy in their new homes :) 

I don't have a clever segue into the next topic... So yeah....

WE ARE FOSTERING A BABY SPARROW!! Each year, we have a family of sparrows build their nest on/in our roof. This year, for the first time, one of their babies fell out of the nest and landed in the holly bush in the front yard. We think he's only a few days old, but he may be a week or so old. He doesn't have too many feathers yet (mostly just down feathers), but he seems to be doing pretty well. Mom whipped up some baby bird food- soaked dog food, hard boiled eggs, and applesauce mixed together- and we have been feeding him every half hour for the past day. He's getting stronger and is definitely eating well! Hopefully we can release him back into the wild when he gets a bit older/ more independent. 

I'll keep you updated on his progress every few days or so :) In the meantime, here's a few pictures:




He's definitely not the cutest thing in the world, but we love him already! My brother Drew decided the bird's name should be Edward (there was really no reason behind it). 

Thank you so much for reading!! Check back again soon for more pictures and updates. 

Keri :)

No comments:

Post a Comment