It's Friday night and I'm bored... So, here's another tag/ journal prompt thing I found on Pinterest. This is technically a 30 day challenge, but I'm condensing it down into just one post instead.
Here we go!
1. What smell are you grateful for today?
Fresh brewed espresso
2. What technology are you grateful for?
My iPhone and work computer
3. What color are you grateful for?
Orange. I used to visit my local music shop and mess around on the different instruments, and I fell in love with a Yamaha Precision Jazz Bass (which is metallic orange). I started taking lessons and ended up playing bass in my high school's jazz band for 3 years.
4. What food are you most grateful for?
Pizza with extra cheese
5. What sound are you grateful for today?
My dog's barks of excitement when I get home from work
6. What in nature are you grateful for?
7. What memory are you grateful for?
I'm most grateful for running into Corey at the Fayetteville Public Library on April 18, 2016. We reconnected (as cheesy as that sounds), and everything fell back into place. We picked up right where we left off, and it was absolutely wonderful.
8. What book are you most grateful for?
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero- it has truly changed my outlook and overall attitude towards life in general.
9. What place are you most grateful for?
Orange Park, FL
10. What taste are you grateful for today?
11. What holiday are you grateful for?
New Year's Day
12. What texture are you grateful for?
Soft, fuzzy blankets
13. What abilities are you grateful for?
My intelligence, my ability to read anything and everything, and my musical talent (if you can really call it that)
14. What sights are you grateful for today?
Snapchats from Corey
15. What season are you grateful for?
16. What about your body are you grateful for?
My eyes, because they're my favorite feature, and they're pretty crucial to my quality of life.
17. What knowledge are you grateful for?
I'm grateful for my knowledge regarding teaching, child development, and pedagogy.
18. What piece of are you grateful for?
The coverart of "Take This to Your Grave" by Fall Out Boy
19. What touch are you grateful for today?
Rhaegar's soft bunny fur
20. Who in your life are you grateful for?
Corey, Raechel, Sammi, Mom, Dad, and Drew (and the fur babies!)
21. What song are you most grateful for?
"The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes" by Fall Out Boy
22. What story are you grateful for?
The story of Harry Potter- I can't say it was a part of my childhood, but it was my life in high school and college.
23. What tradition are you grateful for?
I love the fact that my family has always celebrated Thanksgiving dinner together. For the past 23 years, we've all hung out on Thanksgiving Day, and I hope to keep the tradition going for as long as possible.
24. What challenge are you grateful for?
My job is not the easiest, and I'm definitely not in this position for the fame and fortune. I hear a lot of negative feedback on a daily basis, I usually don't hear "thank you," and teaching can be extremely frustrating and trying at times. But I love my kiddos, and I'm so thankful for my colleagues (especially my math coach!). This year has thrown me many curveballs, but I'm grateful for all the challenges and obstacles I face because I know I'm becoming a better and more effective teacher each and every day.
25. What moment this week are you most grateful for?
Working with my colleagues and math coach to successfully implement a weekly math camp for my fifth graders.
26. What form of expression are you most grateful for?
Music or writing; I can't live without playing/ listening to music, or books, so they're tied for first place!
27. What small thing that you use daily are you grateful for?
28. What small thing that happened today are you grateful for?
One of my students had an "ah-ha" moment today during core instruction.
29. What friend/ family member are you grateful for today?
Corey and Sara
30. What talent or skill do you have that you are grateful for?
I'm extremely grateful for my musical talent. I absolutely love playing the piano and the bass, listening to music on Spotify, collecting CDs, and creating playlists to fit my various moods and musical tastes.
Thanks for checking out my blog, and I hope to see you again soon :)