August 13, 2017

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas Review

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've seen a few mixed reviews on this series. Some of my friends read it, and hated it, while some absolutely loved it. A few people have said that they couldn't finish it and just gave up on Maas. Honestly, I'm obsessed with this series!! I'm not sure if I'm just partial to her writing style, or the genre in general, but I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. She did give us a bit of closure at the end, and most of the lose ends are all tied up. I think she did leave some things untouched mostly because the next book is apparently coming out in 2018? I'm not sure if she's continuing the main story arch or if she's planning on writing a series of novellas; either way, I'm excited!!

I really do love this series for so many reasons. We see lots of character development, the pacing is pretty good (too fast in some places, a little slow in others, but I can forgive that), and the dialogue is spot on. There isn't any wasted energy, and by that I mean there really isn't a single scene that makes me think, "why was this necessary for the plot?" It makes sense, and it fits well with the rest of the series.

This sounds kind of silly, but I kind of wish there were fewer happy endings. I know, I know- horrible. I just think it would have been better for certain characters to suffer for their previous actions, but that's just me. I'm happy with the outcome so far. We'll see where we go from here :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment