August 13, 2017

Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel Review

Station ElevenStation Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this because it was part of the End of the World book club, and I definitely don't regret picking it up! This isn't my favorite post-apocalyptic novel (The Girl with All the Gifts is still my all-time favorite) only because it was a little slower paced and less action-packed than I had hoped it would be. There is a little bit of a plot twist, but it wasn't anything super original or shocking; most of the characters don't have enough time to develop and evolve due to the number of characters present in the book. I like that the author chose to focus on different characters set in different times and locations, but I wish there would have been some sort of thread connecting them all together at the end. Honestly, the plot kind of falls flat for me, maybe because I've read so many dystopian/ post-apocalyptic novels. Either way, it's not my favorite, but I would recommend it to someone who is new to the genre.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment