August 13, 2017

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo Review

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know I'm way late on this bandwagon, but I really did enjoy this book! I'm glad I (finally) started this series (I'm not sure why I waited so long to read it... But better late than never, right?). The world is believable, yet unique, and I love the Russian elements. I don't know a ton about Russian folklore, but that hasn't been a problem; Bardugo does a wonderful job immersing her reader without overwhelming them. The characters are dynamic and vastly different from one another, however, this is a ton of room for development later on. I've already started the second book, and I can already tell that this well be one of my favorite YA series. I rated it four stars mostly because it was a little slow and it did drag on a bit in the middle. I don't mind, though, and it's nothing that will keep me from continuing the series (obviously!).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment