December 29, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey

Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!!!!

I found this little tag on tumblr, and thought I would complete it.  I'm such a bookworm (but you guys probably already knew that if you've been reading this blog for awhile); this tag is absolutely perfect if you love to read.  If you guys have a tumblr/ blog/ YouTube channel, you should definitely give this a go :)

Just a heads up, I did include some plays along with books.  I couldn't do this survey/ tag and not include Shakspeare. Sorry.



A. Author you've read the most books from: James Patterson (the Maximum Ride series was one of my favorites when I was younger)

B. Best sequel ever: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

C. Currently reading: A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

D. Drink of choice while reading: An iced mocha from Starbucks

E. E-reader or physical book: I have a nook, but I prefer to read physical books.

F. Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school: Gale Hawthorne from The Hunger Games series

G. Glad you gave this book a chance: The Divergent series

H. Hidden gem book: Not sure if this really counts, but not a lot of people seem to talk about the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsey.  I love Lindsey's writing (there's never a dull moment!).

I. Important moment in your reading life: When I discovered Goodreads!  I absolutely love the website and the app- it's so helpful for bookworms who like to keep track of what they've read and what they want to read.  I use it all the time when I'm in Barnes and Noble.

J. Just finished: Coriolanus by Shakespeare (it's a play, but I'm going to say it still counts)

K. Kind of books you won't read: Romantic, Nicolas Sparks type novels are definitely not for me.

L. Longest book you've read: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling (870 pages)

M. Major book hangover because of: I'm still not over the ending of Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

N. Number of bookcases you own: 2 at my parents' house, and 1 at my apartment

O. One book you have read multiple times: Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

P. Preferred place to read: In the bathtub (it's so relaxing after a long day of classes)

Q. Quote that inspires you/ gives you all the feels from a book you've read: "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not" (Tyrion Lannister from A Game of Thrones)

R. Reading regret: Reading the Twilight series in high school; I really can't stand Stephenie Meyer's writing, and I just want to punch Bella in the face........ Sorry Twihards.

S. Series you started and need to finish (all the books are out in the series): I really want to read the Percy Jackson series.  For some reason, I just never got around to reading the books when they first came out.

T. Three of your all-time favorite books: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, and Hamlet by William Shakespeare

U. Unapologetic fangirl for: This is going to sound really strange, but I absolutely love mythology (mostly Greek and Norse).  I'm a total Marvel fangirl, so when I started researching the origins of Thor and Loki, I got hooked on Norse mythology.  I'm also a huge Shakespeare nerd.  I know, I'm crazy.

V. Very excited for this release more than all others: I'm super excited for the 6th Mortal Instruments book (City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare) to be released!!  I'm still on the 3rd book (City of Glass), but I love the series so far.  If you saw the movie but didn't read the books, definitely check out the books- the movie did not do them justice!

W. Worst bookish habit: I'm not so bad about this anymore, but I used to lose the dustcovers for all of my hardback books... I would take them off the book when I started reading it, and the cover would always seem to disappear.

X. X marks the spot: start at the top of your shelf and pick the 27th book: Matched by Allie Condie

Y. Your latest book purchase: The Prose Edda by Snorri Sturluson

Z. Zzz-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.  The chapters are kind of long, so I would always stay up to read "one more chapter" and end up reading the whole night. 




Thanks for reading, and hopefully I'll talk to you all again soon!
Keri <3

No comments:

Post a Comment