December 31, 2013

Loki Painting

Hey everyone!!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile... The semester just started and I've been super busy. I'll try to post more often, but I apologize in advanced if I can't. 

So, over Christmas break, I was bored out of my mind and decided to get crafty. I have a ton of unfinished crochet projects, but I felt like trying something new: painting. Since I'm completely obsessed with all things Marvel (especially Thor) I attempted to paint Loki's helmet. 

Here's what happened:


Rough sketch (lefty + pencil + canvas = smudgy as hell). I didn't use any specific picture for reference; I just looked up pictures of Loki's helmet and made up my own design from there. 


I used the gridding technique because it's the only thing I remember learning in middle school art class. 


First layer of gold. 


I decided to add Loki's name in runes because the canvas looked a little too empty at this point.


I found a gold paint marker and fixed some of the lines (is that cheating?). 


First layer of green. 




Since the helmet and runes looked a little sloppy, I outlined them with a black paint marker. I think it made a huge difference!


Pretty sure it took about 10 layers of paint to get the gold even... That's whys happens when you buy $0.99 paint from Walmart. 









I know it's not perfect, but I absolutely love how this turned out!!! This is definitely going up on my wall as soon as I move. 

Thanks for reading, and I hope I can talk to all of you again very soon :)

Keri <3

No comments:

Post a Comment