September 24, 2017

Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan Review

Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1)Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I discovered this series after watching Jean's (Bookishthoughts on YouTube) Three Book Recommendations for witchy books. She raved about this series, saying she loved it as a teenager, and still enjoys re-reading them as a woman in her mid-twenties. I'm super interested in anything witchy/ Pagan/ Wiccan-related, so this seemed like a logical choice for me. I didn't love it as much as I wish I had, mostly because it's written simply. Jean did mention this in her video, so I wasn't completely shocked at the level. Even though it is SIMPLE, that doesn't mean it wasn't written WELL. Cate Tiernan knows how to develop her characters, and make them seem like individuals (even though they are all intertwined in one way or another). The plot is pretty basic, but there are some plot twists thrown in at various points in the book. I'm looking foward to continuing this series, especially since I need some quick reads for the Fall. Highly recommended- and the timing is perfect!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment