December 25, 2017

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake Review

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Audiobook

This was my first time listening to an audiobook in its entirety, and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised! I’ve always been an avid reader and overachiever, so my yearly goal is usually 50+ books. However, being a busy adult/ teacher/ big ball of stress doesn’t leave me much time to actually sit down and enjoy a massive book.

Thus, audiobooks!

Like I said, I’ve never been a big audiobook fan mostly because (yes, I will admit it) I was one of those people who thought listening to books shouldn’t count towards my yearly reading goal I set for myself. Honestly, I’m really bummed that I didn’t jump on this bandwagon earlier!! Between the two libraries I frequent, I have pretty much every audiobook I could ever want right on my phone. Seriously, I know I sound like an infomercial, but this is insane to me! Why did I wait so long?! Ugh!!!

Anyway, I’m really glad I chose this book at random. I only gave it three stars because the first half or three quarters of the book is dull. Not much happens, action-wise, and the characters are kind of blah. BUT things start to get interesting rather quickly. Yes, it’s YA, so it’s a little cheesy (I would definitely say this isn’t for children, but it’s on the less mature side of YA- if that makes any sense?). I’m looking forward to reading the next in the series and I’m hoping it has an awesome conclusion!

PS- I will most certainly be listening to more audiobooks from this point forward. I’m just marking them for my own weird reasons 👍

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment