September 12, 2013

Syria

Hi, again.

Before I even get started let me just say this: I am not going to state my opinion on the situation in Syria. I don't want to offend or upset anyone, and I really don't want to start a debate/ argument over something that I cannot change. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't wish to state mine at this point in time. 

That being said, I came across this interesting article on Facebook. My high school World History teacher shared it on her wall, and asked everyone to take a few minutes to read it. The article, a statement from Vladimir Putin, is addressed to the American people. He goes into a little bit of detail about the situation in Syria, but he mainly focuses on what plan of action would most effectively end the violence in the country. I'll let you read it for yourself before I say anything else. 



Click the image above to read the article
This has to be the most interesting article I've read concerning the chemical warfare being used in Syria.  Again, without saying too much, this quote really struck a chord with me: "A strike would increase violence and unleash a new wave of terrorism."  However you feel about the current events taking place in Syria, I urge you to read the article.  Whether you agree or disagree with him, Putin gives us a new perspective on the incident and offers the world a solution to the problem.
Please don't think I'm pushing my political view on you in any way.  After reading this article, I felt enlightened on the situation.  If you haven't watched President Obama's address to the nation (from 9/12/2013), you can watch a video of that here.  It's a bit long, but, again, I think it's worth watching. 
Hope this helps you become more informed on current world events.  Thanks for reading, and I hope to talk to you guys again soon :)
Keri <3

No comments:

Post a Comment