August 13, 2017

#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso Review

#GIRLBOSS#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So, let's be honest- I don't know much about Sophia Amoruso other than the fact that she's the founder of Nasty Gal. That being said, I didn't really have many expectations for this book (good or bad), and I really didn't know how I would feel about it in the end. I'm not hating on her, but I just don't understand why so many authors/ entrepreneurs/ businessmen and women constantly degrade my generation. Not everyone is lazy, not everyone is unintelligent, and not everyone is just looking to live paycheck to paycheck. At one point I almost couldn't finish this book because Amoruso pretty much glorifies the fact that she succeeded without a college degree. I get it- not everyone can or should go to college. You don't need a college degree to succeed, but you also shouldn't discount the importance of degrees in certain professions.

She should be proud of all she has accomplished, especially at such a young age. Maybe the wording is what got me? I don't really know. I'm not offended by any means, I just can't say this is one of my favorite books. Honestly, if you need a kick in the ass to get you motivated, this is probably a good book for you to check out. Otherwise, I'm not super into it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment