August 13, 2017

The Death of WCW by RD Reynolds Review

The Death of WCW: 10th Anniversary of the Bestselling Classic - Revised and ExpandedThe Death of WCW: 10th Anniversary of the Bestselling Classic - Revised and Expanded by R.D. Reynolds
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So, my boyfriend got me hooked on wrestling almost two years ago, and I've been obsessed since. I've learned that it takes an incredible amount of talent, hard work and dedication, and a little bit of insanity to be a part of the business. From bookers to upper management to the actual in-ring talent, the world of wrestling is absolutely crazy! Before reading this book, I had a pretty basic understanding of the business, but I didn't really know about the history behind WWF/ WWE or WCW.

That being said, this was, by far, one of my non-fiction favorite books I've ever read! If you're even slightly interested in the business, I highly recommend checking this book out! I'm sure it's not 100% historically accurate, but I love that Reynolds and Alvarez stick to the objective facts and don't really talk shit about anyone. They just present it exactly like it went down. It's eye opening, for sure.

To anyone looking to break into the business one day: use this book as an example of everything not to do when working for/ running a company. You can thank me later.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment