January 17, 2018

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie Review

Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10)Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

This was my first audiobook of the year, and my third audiobook to date. I'm still not entirely sure if I would ever switch over to audiobooks completely, but it is a nice change when I don't have a ton of time. I love the fact that I can listen to something in my car on the way to work or while I'm waiting in traffic on 95. That being said, I don't always devote 100% of my attention to the book, so I find myself not enjoying it as much as I think I would if I were reading it. Hopefully that last sentence made a little bit of sense... In other words, I still love reading a book with my own eyes much more than I enjoy listening to a book. But I totally see the benefits of audiobooks, so I'll keep experimenting with them!

Ok, on to the actual novel. I really enjoyed the first part of this story where the murder is set up and we meet all the characters. I should probably mention that this is my first Agatha Christie, so take my thoughts and opinions with a grain of salt. If you're looking for a classic murder-mystery, this is definitely something for you! I'm not complete sure if this is a genre I will fall in love with, but I will be checking out more mysteries in the near future (especially more Christie novels). Like I mentioned before, I didn't pay close attention the entire time, so the ending came as a complete shock to me. I'm not totally sure if anyone could guess the ending in its entirety, honestly. Creative, enjoyable, and easy to listen to/ read. I liked it, but it wasn't my favorite.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment