January 17, 2018

The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo Review

The Tiger RisingThe Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I will be reading this book with my fourth graders this year, and I could not be more excited! My kids really enjoy Kate DiCamillo's writing (I can see why) and there are tons of literary elements to discuss. This is my second DiCamillo, and I have to say that I'm really looking forward to reading some more of her books- she has a minimalist style, making every word count without overwhelming the reader. Again, there is a lot to discuss- particularly the symbolism of the tiger to each of the different characters- but DiCamillo is able to present a beautiful, heart-breaking, and inspiring story that anyone could enjoy. I'll update this post with my kiddos' thoughts as soon as we finish it :)

Overall, this book is well-written, thought-provoking, and just an amazing piece of literary excellence. Do yourself a favor and pick up some children's literature once in a while- it'll surprise you!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment