January 17, 2018

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo Review

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm such a huge fan of Leigh Bardugo's Grisha series that I had to check this out as soon as it was available at my library. The wait was definitely worth it! If you haven't read any of her books and you're into fantasy/ magic/ dystopian-feeling Young Adult novels, go check out or buy every single one of her books asap. This series is such a departure from her Grisha series, which I'm totally okay with- there are still aspects of that series in these books, but she does a great job balancing everything out. What I mean by that is the books are different enough that they don't bleed together but they are set in the same world (different years, though).

I never compare authors to one another (it's just not fair), but Bardugo is on the same level as Sarah J. Maas, in my mind. Not that they're similar besides the fact that they both write within the fantasy YA genre. I just truly think these women are both insanely talented and do a wonderful job of bringing their characters to life. Definitely one of the best books I've read in awhile!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment