July 8, 2018

Closer Reading by Nancy N. Boyles Review

Closer Reading, Grades 3-6: Better Prep, Smarter Lessons, Deeper ComprehensionCloser Reading, Grades 3-6: Better Prep, Smarter Lessons, Deeper Comprehension by Nancy N. Boyles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I participated in a professional development book club this past school year, and I have to say, I’m so glad I was able to discuss the close reading strategies (and rationale supporting those strategies) presented in this book with fellow reading teachers. I’m not kidding when I say every new teacher should read this text, and I’m not really sure why we didn’t read it in college. As a reading teacher in a Title 1 school, I have students who are several years below a fourth grade reading level. The strategies suggested in this book have already proven to be beneficial for my students, and I can’t wait to see even bigger changes when I implement these same strategies at the beginning of this coming school year.

Definitely check this book out if you have any questions about what close reading is or how to implement effective close reading steadies within the classroom. Sorry for the nerdy teacher post- I just love this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment