July 8, 2018

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden Review

Memoirs of a GeishaMemoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was my second time reading this book, and my first time reading it as an adult. I remember liking this book when I was a teenager, but I have even more appreciation for it now that I’m older (and sort of wiser, I guess). The storytelling is absolutely beautiful, the characters are dynamic and relatable, and the overall plot is magnificent. Seriously, I can’t say enough good things about this book. One of my teacher friends mentioned that this was her favorite book, so I had to re-read it to see if it was as good as I remembered. It surpassed my expectations, which says a lot considering how critical I am of most literature!!

I have a weird habit of wanting to know everything there is to know about certain topics. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Japanese culture; as an adult, I’m still obsessed. My fiancĂ© and I would love to travel to Japan, and this book caused us to add more destinations to our dream vacation itinerary. I will definitely be adding even more books to my TBR pile as well :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment