July 8, 2018

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo Review

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I’ve been slacking on my reviews, so I’m writing this in July instead of in March like I should have. I remember loving this book, and the series as a whole mostly because I enjoy the mythology aspect of it. The author draws on Russian mythology and religion, which I don’t know much about; that being said, she does a wonderful job incorporating it in a way that makes sense to someone without that knowledge. This was one of my favorite books so far this year!

This is the problem with writing reviews months later- I don’t know what else to say. I would recommend this book/ series/ author to anyone who enjoys YA fantasy (or fantasy in general), or anyone looking for something unique. This isn’t your typical teen fantasy with lots of romance involved. There’s a love interest, for sure, but it wasn’t overwhelming or overdone, in my opinion. I would love to read more books from this author in the future :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment