What I'm Reading 2017

Happy New Year!!

I'm typing this a few hours before the clock actually strikes midnight, but I figured I would get this all written up while I was thinking about it :)

This year, I'm challenging myself to complete the "2017 Reading Challenge" that I found on Pinterest.  I've attempted one of these challenges in the past, but I never actually finished it.  I usually just keep track of the number of books I read each year, so I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit!!  I'll add a section at the end of this post for books that don't quite fit into any of the categories listed in the challenge itself.  I hope to read at least 40 books this year.

One last thing- I'm trying to accomplish this without re-reading anything.  Wish me luck!

Ok, enough chit-chat.  Here's what I'm reading in 2017.

----------
2017 Reading Challenge
1. A book you read in school


2. A book from your childhood
Fruits Basket Collector's EditionVol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya (I never actually read this series, but I know it was a huge deal when I was in middle school!) 

3. A book published over 100 years ago


4. A book published in the last year
How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather

5. A non-fiction book
Crazy is My Superpower by A. J. Mendez Brooks

6. A book written by a male author


7. A book written by a female author
Fairest: Levana's Story by Marissa Meyer

8. A book by someone who isn't a writer
#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso

9. A book that became a film


10. A book published in the 20th century
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

11. A book set in your hometown/ region


12. A book with someone's name in the title


13. A book with a number in the title


14. A book with a character with your first name


15. A book someone else recommends to you
The Death of WCW: 10th Anniversary of the Best-Selling Classic- Revised and Expanded by R. D. Reynolds and Bryan Alvarez (recommended by Corey!)

16. A book with over 500 pages
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

17. A book you can finish in a day
milk and honey by Rupi Kaur

18. A previously banned book


19. A book with a one word title
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

20. A book translated from another language


21. A book that will improve a specific area of your life


22. A memoir or journal
Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini

23. A book written by someone younger than you
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton

24. A book set somewhere you'll be visiting this year


25. An award-winning book


26. A self-published book



Other books:
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu

----------


If you're interested, here are my other "What I'm Reading" posts:
Thanks for checking out my little blog!  I hope to talk to you again soon- until then, Happy New Year (again)!  I love you all and am so thankful for you :)

Keri <3

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.