November 10, 2018

From Here to Eternity by Caitlin Doughty Review

From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good DeathFrom Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I discovered this book (possibly Goodreads or Facebook; maybe Instagram?), but I’m so glad I picked it up!! I haven’t had to face death on a personal level (luckily and unluckily, I guess) until recently. Death isn’t something we should fear- we need to discuss it, confront it, and most importantly, accept it. I love the format of this book because we get to see a number of different burial and grieving processes from around the world. This truly made me question some of our modern/ westernized thoughts on the funeral industry, and I recommend everyone checking this out. Read it with an open mind and remember to be accepting of other cultures.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment