November 10, 2018

Circe by Madeline Miller Review

CirceCirce by Madeline Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I enjoyed this book much more than I thought I would! I saw it on the “new fiction” display in our local library and I had been wanting to read it since Jean (aka Bookishthoughts) recommended it on her YouTube channel. I’m into Greek mythology and I’ve read “The Iliad” and “The Odyssey,” but it’s been awhile since I’ve actually studied anything. Honestly, that didn’t stop me from loving this story. I’m sure it would be beneficial to read up on some of the characters (Circe, Odysseus, Helios, and the other major characters, maybe) just to get even more out of the book. Anyone can enjoy it, regardless of your background knowledge, because Miller does such an excellent job building the world and developing the characters. The plot was a little slow in the beginning and through parts of the middle, which is why I couldn’t give it 5 stars. Either way, this book was incredible and I’ll definitely be checking out Song of Achilles asap!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment