November 10, 2018

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard Review

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

One of my friends asked me if this book was worth finishing (she’s about halfway through). To be perfectly honest, I’m not sure if I’ll be picking up the next book in this series or not. I remember trying to read it two or three times over summer break, and I just wasn’t 100% sold on the plot or the characters. I read a lot of young adult fiction and I have to say- this isn’t the worst, but it’s pretty run-of-the-mill, as far as dystopian novels go. It’s not the worst, but it’s definitely not the best. The ideas are there (shout out to Emily for that line!) and it seems like an interesting story. The ending feels a bit rushed and the plot twists at the end are interesting but not satisfying for me, personally.

SJM has spoiled me... I hold authors to such high standards now that I’ve read her beautiful novels. I would recommend Sarah J. Maas, Marie Lu, and Leigh Bardugo if you’re looking for some awesome YA picks!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment